PERDANA UNIVERSITY GRADUATE SCHOOL OF MEDICINE has the vision to improve the health of the global community by setting the standard of excellence in medical education, research and clinical care in support of the broader vision of Perdana University.
PERDANA UNIVERSITY GRADUATE SCHOOL OF MEDICINE will provide a graduate-entry medical education model that fosters intellectual discovery, creates and transmits innovative knowledge, and improves human health and standards of medical care globally in a diverse and inclusive environment.
The principal objectives is to train and educate medical students in accordance with the highest professional standards who will be able to identify and answer fundamental questions in the mechanisms, prevention and treatment of diseases, as well as to incorporate basic sciences in improving health care delivery.
The aim of the curriculum leading to the M.D. degree is to produce leaders in medicine who will take the foundation of a broad education in medicine to improve health through patient care, research, and education.
As a measure of their competence, every graduate of the university will:
The Science and Practice of Medicine
scientific principles and a multidisciplinary body of scientific knowledge to
the diagnosis, management, and prevention of
the variation in the expression of health and disease through critical
evaluation of bio-medical research.
- Obtain a sufficient level of medical knowledge to understand the basic facts, concepts, and principles essential to competent medical practice.
- Exhibit the highest level of effective and efficient performance in data gathering, organization, interpretation and clinical decision making in the prevention, diagnosis, and management of disease.
The Social Context of Medicine
- Understand and respond to factors that influence the social, behavioural, and economical factors in health, disease and medical care.
- Demonstrate effective and compassionate interpersonal communication skill toward patients and families necessary to form and sustain effective medical care.
- Present information and ideas in an organized and clear manner to educate or inform patients, families, colleagues and community.
- Display the personal attributes of compassion, honesty and integrity in relationship with patients, families and the medical community.
- Adhere to the highest ethical standards of judgement and conduct as it applies to the health care milieu.
- Demonstrate a critical self-appraisal in his/her knowledge and practice of medicine, as well as to received and give constructive appraisal to/from patients, families, colleagues and other healthcare professionals.
- Understand the limits of personal knowledge and experience and will demonstrate the intellectual curiosity to actively pursue the acquisition of new knowledge and skills necessary to refine and improve his/her medical practice or to contribute to the scientific body of medical knowledge.